Country Built: Ford and Pandora Link to Celebrate Country Music
Peanut butter and jelly. Fork and knife. Pen and paper. Country and trucks. There are some things that simply belong together, things that lose some of their potency when taken apart. That’s why it’s only natural that Ford Trucks, master of the modern pickup, and Pandora Radio, Internet radio powerhouse, join forces to create the ultimate exploration of country music in the U.S.
Dubbed “Country Built,” this new series seeks to spotlight the rich history and emotional roots of Country and Western music. Certain up-and-coming artists and genre pioneers will receive the spotlight, while musical legends of old are rightfully celebrated. The experience is made up of themed mixtapes, enlightening interviews, behind-the-scenes video clips and live performances.
An episodic radio program will be hosted and narrated by songwriter Otis Gibbs, guiding listeners through an exploration of the legacy and impact of the massive musical genre and recounting some of its most famous tales. Other contributors include staff of the Musician’s Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville, celebrated authors and journalists and many more.
“Many of our truck customers enjoy and identify with Country music. Ford F-Series is celebrating 66 years of heritage and highlighting Country music from its early days through today is the perfect way to also celebrate these customers,” said Doug Scott, Ford Truck Group Marketing Manager, in a release.
We think this is really a match made in heaven — who could better create the ultimate C&W station than Pandora and Ford? Check out the Country Built station now to give it a listen, and pay a visit to George Coleman Ford the next time you want to go for a musical journey in a brand-new truck!
- 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum Makes Its Comeback on The X-Files
- Ford Releases New Siri Eyes-Free Update for Millions of Ford Vehicles
- Ford Creates Unique Drugged Driving Suit to Educate New Drivers
- Link Your Smartphone and Car with the New Ford SYNC Connect App
- Introducing the King Edition: 2016 Ford Mustang Gets Powerful Reboot at Petty’s Garage
- Ford Continues Focus RS Documentary with New Episode
- Ford Studies Space Robots to Improve Connected-Car Technology
- Rebirth of an Icon: The 2016 Ford Focus RS Documentary
- Ford Brings Special Halo-Themed 2015 Ford F-150 to E3 2015
- Ford Finds New Way to Help You Back Up Your Trailer