Ford Brings Special Halo-Themed 2015 Ford F-150 to E3 2015
All year long, conferences are held around the world by major and minor video game developers and publishers, but one show routinely tops them all: E3. Ford attended this year’s conference in style, celebrating the upcoming release of the fifth game in the blockbuster Halo franchise with a one-of-a-kind Ford F-150 styled after the game’s United Nations Space Command vehicles.
Short for the Electronic Entertainment Expo, E3 is an industry-only event and the biggest gaming conference in the world. All of the industry giants make appearances with dazzling new game demos in tow, with the biggest conferences reserved for the “Big Three” companies: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Microsoft had a lot to say about its upcoming first-person shooter, Halo 5: Guardians this year, which brought Ford and its custom truck into the picture.
Ford’s truck, dubbed the Ford F-150 Halo Sandcat (codename M552), was on display at the show for all to see. Based on the Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4×4, this pickup was modified to celebrate the Halo games. It boasted, among other things, custom FOX Racing shocks, a Currie full floater rear axle, ADD fenders, 17-inch wheels mounted with quality off-road tires and a special Halo-themed exterior design. Of course, it would have been a poor promotional vehicle if it didn’t offer a way for you to play through the Halo series itself. Fortunately, the Sandcat was equipped with a special Xbox One console and head-restraint-mounted displays so drivers could truly step into the shoes of protagonist Master Chief.
Keep an eye out for the Halo Sandcat as you watch uploaded E3 presentation and showroom-floor footage, and look for the game it’s celebrating, Halo 5: Guardians, when it’s released on October 27. In the meantime, if you’d like to have some adventures of your own, you can get the Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew that the Sandcat was based on right here at George Coleman Ford!
- 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum Makes Its Comeback on The X-Files
- Ford Releases New Siri Eyes-Free Update for Millions of Ford Vehicles
- Ford Creates Unique Drugged Driving Suit to Educate New Drivers
- Link Your Smartphone and Car with the New Ford SYNC Connect App
- Introducing the King Edition: 2016 Ford Mustang Gets Powerful Reboot at Petty’s Garage
- Ford Continues Focus RS Documentary with New Episode
- Ford Studies Space Robots to Improve Connected-Car Technology
- Rebirth of an Icon: The 2016 Ford Focus RS Documentary
- Country Built: Ford and Pandora Link to Celebrate Country Music
- Ford Finds New Way to Help You Back Up Your Trailer