Ford Continues Focus RS Documentary with New Episode
You might recall that Ford was planning to air a documentary about the design and construction of the all-new Ford Focus RS. The documentary, called “Rebirth of an Icon,” would be released in eight individual parts, or “episodes,” with the first set for release on September 30. This past Wednesday, the second installment premiered, titled “Design and Development,” on the Ford Performance website.
In this video, Ford takes us along as Gymkhana and Ford rally superstar Ken Block puts the newly designed Ford Focus RS through its paces. The episode focuses on the designers working on the Focus and on the crash testing that the car must go through. The European team, headed by Joel Piaskowski, began the transition from working primarily with clay models of the new RS to tinkering with the real deal. The second episode of “Rebirth of an Icon” is a great watch for anyone interested in product development and automobiles in general. It provides viewers with a cool behind-the-scenes look into the many considerations that go into crafting a modern vehicle and a glimpse into the minds of the talented design team. Plus, you get another chance to check out the slick Ford Focus RS in motion!
If you missed the first episode of the documentary series, you can get caught up by watching it here. The third episode will likely be released next Wednesday, October 14, so keep an eye on the Ford Performance website. We’re sure the next installment will be well worth a watch!
- 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum Makes Its Comeback on The X-Files
- Ford Releases New Siri Eyes-Free Update for Millions of Ford Vehicles
- Ford Creates Unique Drugged Driving Suit to Educate New Drivers
- Link Your Smartphone and Car with the New Ford SYNC Connect App
- Introducing the King Edition: 2016 Ford Mustang Gets Powerful Reboot at Petty’s Garage
- Ford Studies Space Robots to Improve Connected-Car Technology
- Rebirth of an Icon: The 2016 Ford Focus RS Documentary
- Ford Brings Special Halo-Themed 2015 Ford F-150 to E3 2015
- Country Built: Ford and Pandora Link to Celebrate Country Music
- Ford Finds New Way to Help You Back Up Your Trailer