Ford Releases New Siri Eyes-Free Update for Millions of Ford Vehicles
Good news, Ford drivers! If you’ve got a vehicle with SYNC technology, your driving experience is about to be taken to the next level. Ford just rolled out a new software update for Apple Siri Eyes-Free, the multitasking technology that enables drivers to get a helping hand from Siri using steering-wheel-mounted controls and the sound of their voice. Millions of drivers with SYNC systems can now get this capability free of charge with the update!
Siri Eyes-Free has already been a great aid to Ford fans who’ve had access to it, helping them make phone calls to their address-book contacts, look up contact info for local points of interest and restaurants, send and receive text messages and more, all through vocal commands. Now, Ford has added that extra convenience to all vehicles that were built from 2011 until now and are equipped with second-generation SYNC tech (known as MyFord Touch in North America). That means more than five million vehicles will soon be rolling around with the latest and greatest in hands-free tech, in addition to the brand-new models that are being assembled as we speak!
It will soon become even easier to do things like get navigational assistance, select and play tunes, set reminders and more. The update is easy to start and available now over at http://owner.ford.com/. You can also learn more about the functionality of the software on that website. Make sure you take advantage of the driver-assistive features of Siri Eyes-Free as you tackle your shopping list this holiday!
- 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum Makes Its Comeback on The X-Files
- Ford Creates Unique Drugged Driving Suit to Educate New Drivers
- Link Your Smartphone and Car with the New Ford SYNC Connect App
- Introducing the King Edition: 2016 Ford Mustang Gets Powerful Reboot at Petty’s Garage
- Ford Continues Focus RS Documentary with New Episode
- Ford Studies Space Robots to Improve Connected-Car Technology
- Rebirth of an Icon: The 2016 Ford Focus RS Documentary
- Ford Brings Special Halo-Themed 2015 Ford F-150 to E3 2015
- Country Built: Ford and Pandora Link to Celebrate Country Music
- Ford Finds New Way to Help You Back Up Your Trailer