Get Your First Glimpse at the All-New Ford Focus RS at the New York Auto Show!
The exciting Ford Focus RS is scheduled to be shipped to United States retailers like our Ford dealership near Greenville, SC, in spring of 2016. For those who can’t wait that long, Ford is graciously offering us a look at the high-performance road car a little earlier than that. The Focus RS will make its North American debut at the New York International Auto Show, and it’s sure to be a real show-stopper!
When the new Ford Focus RS arrives at dealerships nationwide, it brings with it a specially engineered 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, which is similar in structure to the aluminum one powering the new Ford Mustang. According to a press release, the engine of the Focus RS is expected to produce more than 315 horsepower and features a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger, one that has better airflow thanks to a larger compressor and superior charge density due to its significantly larger intercooler. Engineers specifically built the new RS with the performance and cooling of the new powerplant in mind, increasing the amount of space in the front of the car to make room for its huge radiator pack, which is the largest to ever be installed in a Ford Focus.
The vehicle will also sport the most powerful RS braking system ever. The RS sports 13.78-inch ventilated front discs that are bigger than the brake discs found in previous models. The front calipers are aluminum four-piston monobloc Brembos, painted blue to match the vehicle. You can bank around those corners as aggressively as you like — when you do, the all-wheel drive system and sport suspension ensure you have impeccable handling and a whole lot of fun.
We can’t wait for the spirited Ford Focus RS to make its grand entrance at the New York Auto Show. Stay tuned to George Coleman Ford to find out when you can learn more about this incredible vehicle, or test-drive the Focus models we have in stock right now!
- 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum Makes Its Comeback on The X-Files
- The DBZ Cast Gathered the 7 Dragon Balls and Wished for a Ford Focus
- Ford Releases New Siri Eyes-Free Update for Millions of Ford Vehicles
- Ford Creates Unique Drugged Driving Suit to Educate New Drivers
- Link Your Smartphone and Car with the New Ford SYNC Connect App
- Introducing the King Edition: 2016 Ford Mustang Gets Powerful Reboot at Petty’s Garage
- Ford Continues Focus RS Documentary with New Episode
- Ford Studies Space Robots to Improve Connected-Car Technology
- Rebirth of an Icon: The 2016 Ford Focus RS Documentary
- Ford Brings Special Halo-Themed 2015 Ford F-150 to E3 2015