Introducing the King Edition: 2016 Ford Mustang Gets Powerful Reboot at Petty’s Garage
Mustang aficionados: be still your hearts. Petty’s Garage — the in-house speed shop of NASCAR-icon Richard “The King” Petty — created three Mustang GT King Edition models that pack more power and boast more style than you can imagine. With only 243 King Edition models, 43 King Premier models and 14 King Premier convertibles being produced, Petty’s Garage’s newest creations will surely sell as fast as they go.
“I’ve always liked the look of the Mustang, and the 2016 model gives us a great base car to work with,” said Richard Petty in a release. “These new King edition Mustangs are pretty much the way I’d build my own. They are great fun to drive, and have a signature single exhaust.”
For the Mustang GT King models, Petty modified the standard 5.0-liter V8 engine with a Ford Performance supercharger to boost the powertrain’s output from 435 horsepower to 670 horsepower. There’s even a second-tier upgrade for people who want their limited-run car to generate up to 727 horsepower! The power-packed engine is supported by extreme-duty TrakPak Ford Performance halfshafts, a rear axle upgrade and three-way adjustable front and rear sway bars. You can also add custom calibration, cold-air intake and a MagnaFlow exhaust.
Inside Petty’s newest creation you’ll find an altered shift knob, sill plates, floor mats and embroidered headrests. The custom rear diffuser with a center-mounted exhaust was designed by Petty himself and an autographed dash plate finishes off every model. The King Premier edition has a custom leather-trimmed interior and a tri-color stripe package that dresses the car up with Petty blue, red and white highlights.
If want to learn how to get your hands on one of these special edition Ford Mustang pony cars, contact our Ford Dealership near Hendersonville, SC for more information!
- 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum Makes Its Comeback on The X-Files
- Ford Releases New Siri Eyes-Free Update for Millions of Ford Vehicles
- Ford Creates Unique Drugged Driving Suit to Educate New Drivers
- Link Your Smartphone and Car with the New Ford SYNC Connect App
- Ford Continues Focus RS Documentary with New Episode
- Ford Studies Space Robots to Improve Connected-Car Technology
- Rebirth of an Icon: The 2016 Ford Focus RS Documentary
- Ford Brings Special Halo-Themed 2015 Ford F-150 to E3 2015
- Country Built: Ford and Pandora Link to Celebrate Country Music
- Ford Finds New Way to Help You Back Up Your Trailer