Rebirth of an Icon: The 2016 Ford Focus RS Documentary
It’s not an easy task to take a vehicle from family-focused hatchback to high-octane hotrod. Building any new vehicle takes a lot of work by people with very different skillsets working as a team, and this was a special case. That’s why Ford brought a camera along for the ride to record the process, compiling footage and turning it into a special documentary called “Rebirth of an Icon.”
Ford filmed every stage of development for the new Ford Focus RS. That means you’ll see test-drives in the Arizona desert, the Arctic, common city settings and more. You’ll watch designers detailing the process, professional stunt drivers putting it through its paces and likely a few crash dummies weathering an impact inside of it. Famous Gymkhana driver Ken Block is also a part of the documentary, as is Raj Nair, Group Vice President, Global Product Development and Chief Technical Officer for Ford.
The 2016 Ford Focus RS is no humdrum commuter car. It’s a manual-transmission, all-wheel-drive spitfire, as well as a lean, mean rubber-burning machine. Equipped with a turbocharged 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine that is capable of generating 350 horsepower, it goes from 0 to 60 in just 4.7 seconds. This is the fastest RS-branded Ford model in history!
Ford is rolling out the documentary in eight parts, starting on Wednesday, September 30, 2015. The final episode will cover the final management review and is expected to air at some point in the month of November. We can’t wait to get our hands on a new Focus RS here at our Ford dealership near Easley, SC. Stay tuned to find out how to test-drive one next year!
- 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum Makes Its Comeback on The X-Files
- Ford Releases New Siri Eyes-Free Update for Millions of Ford Vehicles
- Ford Creates Unique Drugged Driving Suit to Educate New Drivers
- Link Your Smartphone and Car with the New Ford SYNC Connect App
- Introducing the King Edition: 2016 Ford Mustang Gets Powerful Reboot at Petty’s Garage
- Ford Continues Focus RS Documentary with New Episode
- Ford Studies Space Robots to Improve Connected-Car Technology
- Ford Brings Special Halo-Themed 2015 Ford F-150 to E3 2015
- Country Built: Ford and Pandora Link to Celebrate Country Music
- Ford Finds New Way to Help You Back Up Your Trailer