Richard Petty’s Garage Designs 143 Exclusive Ford Mustang Models
Humpty Dumpty was nowhere to be found, but with 627 horses and all The King’s men, Ford put a Mustang together again. Of course, in this case, we’re talking about the Ford Mustang GT, and the king in question is none other than Richard King Petty, NASCAR legend and racecar rock star.
Ford Motor Company worked with Petty’s Garage, a performance house owned by seven-time Daytona 500 winner Richard Petty, to create a series of never-before-seen Ford Mustang GT models. A total of 143 special-edition cars were made, inspired by the popular reception and attractive design of the Mustang that Petty’s Garage presented at the 2014 SEMA show in Las Vegas.
Petty’s Garage COO Jeff Whaley told Autoweek, “We received a tremendous amount of positive feedback about our Petty’s Garage Mustang GT displayed at the SEMA Show. With so much interest, we began to explore the possibility of building a limited run of the Petty’s Garage Mustang GT.”
The Petty’s Garage-designed vehicles come in two flavors: Stage 1 and Stage 2. Stage 1 models are adorned with a Petty’s Garage front fascia and race-inspired spoiler on the outside and embroidered head restraints and floor mats on the inside. Stage 2 models are a bit of an upgrade, offering three-piece HRE wheels, a Wilwood big brake kit and a custom two-tone paint job of tuxedo-black and electric-blue. It’s a natural color scheme for Petty, who famously drove an electric blue racecar numbered 43 (nicknamed the “Petty Blue”). There will be 100 Stage 1 models and 43 Stage 2 models built. Both versions offer up a breathtaking 627 horsepower. That is some serious muscle!
If this news really revs your engine, the special-edition GT can be ordered at any Ford dealer, including George Coleman Ford (first-come, first-served!). There are also other gorgeous new Ford Mustang models waiting for you at our Ford dealership near Pickens, SC. Why not take one for a spin and discover what all the fuss is about?
- 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum Makes Its Comeback on The X-Files
- Ford Releases New Siri Eyes-Free Update for Millions of Ford Vehicles
- Ford Creates Unique Drugged Driving Suit to Educate New Drivers
- Link Your Smartphone and Car with the New Ford SYNC Connect App
- Introducing the King Edition: 2016 Ford Mustang Gets Powerful Reboot at Petty’s Garage
- Ford Continues Focus RS Documentary with New Episode
- Ford Studies Space Robots to Improve Connected-Car Technology
- Rebirth of an Icon: The 2016 Ford Focus RS Documentary
- Ford Brings Special Halo-Themed 2015 Ford F-150 to E3 2015
- Country Built: Ford and Pandora Link to Celebrate Country Music